Groundforce Portugal is monitoring and following the measures taken by the Portuguese Government to contain the outbreak of COVID-19, as well as all the recommendations of the National Health Authorities.
From the first moment, our priority is to guarantee the safety and protection of passengers and employees. As part of the airport ecosystem, our contingency plan is in line with the plans of the aeronautical authorities, the infrastructure manager - ANA - Aeroportos de Portugal, with the plans of the client airlines as well as with other agents.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak in January 2020, we have implemented a series of preventive measures, namely:
- Installation and distribution of disinfectant gel dispensers in places with a higher workers concentration, in addition to the dispensers provided by airports;
- Distribution of an individual protection kit consisting of a mask, disinfectant gel, gloves and information pamphlet to all employees;
- Suppression of biometric systems;
- Cancellation of all external training, exception for mandatory training for business continuity, with a reduction of trainees in the classrooms;
- Identification of workers in risk groups, with the consequent exclusion from the operation;
- Remote working for employees with functions that can be performed in “home office”;
- Blue Lounge closing until a new date to be announced;
- Limitation of people in staff rooms;
- Limitation of the capacity of the company's cafeterias;
- Safety distances to most crowded places, namely cafeterias, social rooms, waiting lines, etc.
- Hygiene and cleaning procedures reinforcement for buses and other vehicles that transport passengers or crew;
- Hygiene and cleaning procedures reinforcement of work areas;
- Customer Service Desk - definition and limitation of the security distance between the service counter and the waiting area for the first passenger to be attended ;
- Lost & Found - definition and limitation of the safety distance between the service counter and the passenger;
- Cargo Documentation - definition and limitation of the safety distance between the service counter and the waiting area of the first passenger to be attended;
- Cargo acceptance and delivery doors - definition and limitation of the safety distance between the worker and the customer;
- Groundcare Check-in counter - Lisbon Airport - definition and limitation of the safety distance between the service staff and the passenger;
- Limitation of the number of passengers per passenger bus to / from aircraft, for 35 passengers (instead of 80);
- Limitation on the number of workers to be transported by van to 5 (instead of 9).
We will keep alert to all developments and to work in coordination with the national authorities as well as with the airport infrastructure manager at each of the airports where we are present.
Regarding the dynamic nature of the epidemiological context and the scientific uncertainty regarding the characteristics of this virus, in order to adapt and make the response more flexible, these measures will be revised, whenever necessary, with the information issued by the health authorities.